Theory to Practice
Suggested Further Readings
- Amanda Visconti, "Teaching with Omeka DH Consultation Notes," Literature Geek, August 19, 2016.
- Alston Cobourn, "Spreading Awareness of Digital Preservation and Copyright via Omeka-based Projects," The Journal of Interactive Technology and Pedagogy, March 28, 2016.
- Jeffrey McClurken , “Teaching and Learning with Omeka: Discomfort, Play, and Creating Public, Online, Digital Collections," Learning Through Digital Media Experiments in Technology and Pedagogy, 2011.
Projects or Challenges to Try
- How are you thinking of incorporating a digital archiving component to your course?
- What are some of the features that make Omeka preferable to using the Commons for a digital archiving classroom project? Are there instances when a different platform should be used instead?
- How can we best use Omeka to spark collaborations among students; between instructors and students; and between students and non-academic communities?
Please join me on August 18 at 11am-12pm to learn about Omeka and consider how it might enhance or complement your remote teaching.