The GC Digital Fellows work with Graduate Center faculty members on digital scholarly projects, design websites for special initiatives, receive skills training workshops, and, more broadly, explore new ways for Graduate Center faculty, students, and staff to share their academic work through new technological platforms and social media tools. Our reflections on this process can be found on our blog, Tagging the Tower.
Based in the GC Digital Scholarship Lab, the GC Digital Fellows Program operates as an in-house think-and-do tank for digital projects, connecting Fellows to digital initiatives throughout The Graduate Center, CUNY. Digital Fellows utilize a team-based approach as they explore creative solutions for projects that can be implemented in a collaborative fashion. In the process, the Program helps build out “The Digital GC” — a vision of the Graduate Center that incorporates technology into its core research and teaching missions.
Our work includes:
- Exploring new ways for Graduate Center faculty, students, and staff to share their academic work through emergent technological tools and social media tools;
- Contributing to and helping to implement a strategic vision for public digital scholarship at the GC;
- Consulting with GC faculty members on digital scholarly projects;
- Offering skills-building workshops to GC students, faculty, and staff;
- Developing websites and web applications for special initiatives;
- Fostering community around digital projects at the GC;
- Experimenting with networked forms of scholarly communication;
- Encouraging the exploration of digital humanities scholarship, methods, and tools.
Visit the links below to view some of our projects, meet our fellows, and read our blog, Tagging the Tower.