Guess what, everyone? The Python Users’ Group (or PUG) is back in action starting on Tuesday, February 20th for another great semester!
PUG is a bi-weekly, open, and informal opportunity for those interested in or working in the Python programing language to come to the GC Digital Scholarship Lab and find support.
Have a project you want to solve with Python but not sure where to begin? We are excited to help you get started! We can help you
- Plan and scope your project
- Demonstrate how easy it can be to use Python to solve problems with your research materials
- Work with you to provide a path for going forward using Python
Are you an intermediate or experienced Python who needs help figuring out a particular package or toolkit? Have you taken an Introduction to Python workshop, but need reinforcement and reminders? PUG is a great place to find the support you are looking for!
Whether you are looking for advice or assistance with new or current projects or looking to discuss and learn new skills using Python tools, PUG is here to help! We offer assistance with:
- Learning how to install Python and additional Python libraries on your personal computer
- Finding common patterns across many texts
- Creating data visualizations for conference presentations, for papers, or for sharing on your personal website
- Cleaning, organizing, and managing data
- Preparing data for machine learning and interpreting results
PUG is staffed by the GC Digital Fellows, who have experience with many of the most popular open-source toolkits for Python and are happy to help troubleshoot particular problems and snags that you might be experiencing.
There is no need to register; that said, we encourage you to bring your own laptops.
In Spring 2018, PUG met alternating Tuesdays from 11:00AM – 1:00 PM in the Digital Scholarship Lab, room 7414.
- Tuesday, February 20, 2018
- Tuesday, March 6, 2018
- Tuesday, March 20, 2018
- Tuesday, April 10, 2018
- Tuesday, April 24, 2018
- Tuesday, May 8, 2018
Have any other questions about PUG? Feel free to stop in and ask! You can also contact us. We can’t wait to see you there!