Tagging the Tower

The Digital Fellows Blog

• A Legible Digital Archive: Displaying and Sorting Content on Your Omeka Site

By on November 7, 2019

How do you organize content on public facing Omeka websites? This is among the most recurring questions raised by attendees of the Introduction to Omeka workshop offered by GCDI over the past two years. For example, one student working on a digital archive of European sculptures wanted to provide...

Read more
    0
    GC Digital Fellows
  • What to Consider When Planning a Digital Project

By on October 30, 2019

When proceeding with a digital project, it seems that a lot of emphasis is generally placed on learning the ins and outs of using the tool or method. Certainly, this is important. However, this is but one planning consideration among many. Additionally, there is much more to know about...

Read more
    0
    GC Digital Fellows
  • Learning Python with the Python Users’ Group

By on October 23, 2019

The demand for Python has increased in recent years, and many new students at GC are eager to learn it. However, many soon give up, including smart, successful scholars. Why is that? I am a strong believer that anybody can successfully learn to code, but there is no denial...

Read more
    0
    GC Digital Fellows
  • Getting the Best Recording (within your budget) for your Interview

By on October 16, 2019

When I started my oral history project two years ago, I knew very little about microphones and recorders. I knew I had to get a decent quality recording so that folx can hear my narrators but beyond that I was at a loss. Conversations with other graduate students interested...

Read more
    0
    GC Digital Fellows
  • Toward the End of a Digital Project: Reflections on Starting Over

By on October 10, 2019

This issue is probably more common than I think. Over the past year I’ve been working on an ambitious digital project: to modify a digital annotation tool, hypothes.is, so that the user can highlight text in multiple colors, rather than just yellow. While that doesn’t sound very ambitious, the...

Read more
    0
    GC Digital Fellows
Load More
Need help with the Commons? Visit our
help page
Send us a message